martes, 14 de octubre de 2008

A work of art...

This is one of my favorite work of art, this is a painting created by Osvaldo Guayasamín. He was an Ecuadorian painter, who also worked in sculpture, murals and monuments all over the world, visiting and showing his works of arts in countries like France, Spain, Italy, Russia, Brazil, etc. This special painting calls “Maternity” and it’s amazing, I think that shows an incredible tenderness and it’s capable to express the magnificent love that a mother feels for their children. With the different kinds of shapes and colors, I felt really moved by the real meaning of this piece of art. I really don’t remember the first time that I saw this painting because I have one copy of it in my house, so I always see it, but I do remember that in one of my father´s work trips, he brought me from Ecuador this same painting, and I hung it on in my bedroom, and since then I look at it every day before sleeping.

1 comentario:

Juan Luzzi dijo...

Macarena,
That’s a good piece of writing, very clear and well organized.
If you like modern Latin American art I suggest you visit the Museo de la Solidaridad Salvador Allende, in Santiago.
Please have a look at the corrected version.
JL

This is one of my favorite workS of art, IT’S a painting created by Osvaldo Guayasamín. He was an Ecuadorian painter, who also worked in sculpture, murals and monuments all over the world, visiting and showing his works of arts in countries like France, Spain, Italy, Russia, Brazil, etc. This special painting IS callED “Maternity” and it’s amazing; I think that IT shows an incredible tenderness and it’s capable OF expressING the magnificent love that a mother feels for their children. With the different kinds of shapes and colors, I felt really moved by the real meaning of this piece of art.
I really don’t remember the first time that I saw this painting because I have one copy of it in my house, so I always see it, but I do remember that in one of my father’s work trips, he brought me from Ecuador this same painting, and I hung it on THE WALL in my bedroom, and since then I look at it every day before sleeping.

Remember:
One of my favourite workS / siteS / friends / Etc. (one of my + plural)
Be capable OF ……...ing. Ex. He’s capable of repairing it. She’s capable of solving that.
Be called: (se llama) What is this called in English? / I don’t remember what this film is called